Monday 22 April 2013

The Final Article

This is the final article I have used on my Double Page Spread in my Music Magazine

After a year on top Lelia K released her debut album two weeks ago to raving reviews and record breaking sales. The future couldn't look brighter for Lelia and we were lucky enough to sit down and get an exclusive insight into what made her the breakthrough act of the year.


First of all can I just say how amazing your new album is, have you had a moment to take all of your success in over the last year?
It’s been a bit of a whirlwind. Everything has gone so fast and it’s just now once my album has come out I have been able to look back and think about everything I’ve achieved over the last year.

What has been the biggest accomplishment of your career so far?
It has to be the album debuting at number one, I can’t even put into words how honoured I am that I have got a number one album, it is everything I have ever dreamed of and I’m so happy not just for myself but for everyone who put time into creating this album with me.

You released four singles before the release of Mindblown, that all went to number one, was there a reason for the wait?
It was originally going to be out after the release of my second single, but when I listened to what was going to be the album I just wasn’t happy with it and as it’s my first album I knew it had to be right not just for me but for the fans.

So the name of the album is ‘Mindblown’, how did you come up with this name?
I listened through the album and then looked at the first track on it ‘Headbang’, there was a particular lyric in it which featured the word ‘Mindblown’. Listening through the album this was the word that stuck in my head and created the strongest impact, I thought it would be the perfect name because it’s a word that creates a picture in your mind.

You have some amazing features on the album, who were you most excited to work with?
I have been so lucky to be able to work with four completely different artists who have all added so much to the album’s sound and I cant thank them enough, the first artist who we approached was ‘Justin Timberlake’ who thankfully said yes and once he was on the record the ball started to roll and I was able to then go and work with rappers Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj, I thought the album wasfinished but at the last minute I got an opportunity to go and write with the incredible Adele who added her vocals to the track and created my favourite and what I feel is the most powerful song on the album.

Who was your favourite producer to work with?
I got the opportunity to work with the most amazing group of producers including Dark Child, Stargate, Red One, The Phantom Boyz, and David Guetta. Not only did all the producers bring something completely different to the album they also delivered a different sound and element to Mindblown that I couldn't have got without each and everyone of them.

“PERFORMING I WHAT I DO, IT IS WHAT I LOVE AND WHAT MADE ME WANT TO BE A SINGER IN THE FIRST PLACE”

You are always complimented for your creative vision you put into all the different aspects of your profession how do you come up with such inventive and unique ideas?
There is a team of around 5 who help me put everything together but most of the original ideas do come from me. Normally it is in the most weird places where I get the ideas I most like, I know at times I have been completely slated by the press for some of the creative decisions I have made, however I don’t regret a single one and every decision has helped me progress as an artist.

You have just announced your UK Arena Tour ‘MINDBLOWN’, what are you most looking forward to about this?
Performing is what I do! It Is what I love and what made me want to become a singer in the first place. And the fact that I have sold out 23 UK Arena Dates across the UK is just the most exhilarating feeling.

What can your fans expect from this tour?
What can’t they expect, it is going to be massive, loud and colourful. Performing to thousands of people every night is my dream and I can’t wait to get on that stage.

You have announced the release dates of your album/singles in the United States are you going to be concentrating on the US in the future?
Going to America is such a huge mile stone for any artist to try and take as it creates the new stage in my career, there are plans for me to take my music over to the US once I have finished the UK tour but the plans are not set
in stone at the moment, before I even think about going to America I will be having a much needed holiday. 

What are you most looking forward to in your future, do you have anything exciting coming up?
I have so much coming up this year, I obviously have my tour, a new single which I will be filming the video for within the next few days and then I also have a lot of different products coming out across the UK including a perfume. 

“I CANT EVEN PUT INTO WORDS HOW HONOURED I AM THAT I HAVE GOT A NUMBER 1 ALBUM”

There is a rumour that you have already started working on your second studio album, is this true?
I have started writing and looking into what direction I could take a second album, but my main priority is to do all I can with the first one, I am so proud of Mindblown and I just hope it can keep reaching new heights and breaking more records across the world. This really is a dream come true and I’m not ready to wake up just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment